Gear Selector Forks

YZ125Pat
This post is 5648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, my bike is slipping out of gear and into neutral sometimes.

Have been told my gear selector forks need replacing. My bike is a 2004 YZ125, and I haven't seen any gear selector forks for my bike. I have seen ones for YZ250's and YZF250's. Just wondering whether they would fit my bike or not.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What mileage is on the bike?

Selector forks shouldn't need replacing really until you've hit at least 40k (and that's a conservative estimate) unless the bike has been ridden by a redline happy loon.

Mine is an offrode bike, hasn't got a mileage count etc...

But I bought it off a guy and it looks like its been used often...

I'll be happily riding along in 1st gear and it will just slip into neutral, it does this is every gear too.

The guy said its the selector forks, where will I pick some up cheap? and also will selector forks for 250's etc fit my bike?

2004 YZ125

Pat youre unlikely to find any in my opinion, its a 2004 bike and a rare bike at that, not exactly something you would find at a breakers, I think youre going to have to order a new set, but first you best confirm theyre damaged. Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online