SR250 exhaust

loopy_lot
This post is 5487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas if any other exhausts would fit a 1981 SR250. Have recently required the bike and the exhaust is rotten to the core and am finding it difficult to find a repacement. Thanks, Lynn

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas if any other exhausts would fit a 1981 SR250. Have recently required the bike and the exhaust is rotten to the core and am finding it difficult to find a repacement. Thanks, Lynn

Hi, Good question and probably here comes my bad answer:

In Bangkok it seems they just think 'a pipe is a good whenever you like its sound' so.... The more noise the better.

Pipes are custom made for cars and bikes and the final muffler (or none) added according to (sound)taste.

Now it looks like the same all over the world. If you toggle youtube at SR250 you get all kind of examples to view and hear.

It seems to run on anything fixed on that hole in front. Most very important tune your carb right. And a bit less important set your valves. It will also help to screw on a new plug now and then.

Good luck and have worryless ride.

CARB TUNINGVery interesting!!!

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online