dt175E carb

This post is 5521 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so i bought a dt175 in great shape but with the carb removed. now, since i dont have the old carb to compare, i am having alot of trouble finding a carb to fit. can anyone give me some info about where to start? im looking for any carb that fits, what do you think? ive only reason worked on trucks till now so dirts bikes are somewhat new to me. thanks for the help.

~rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

MIKUNI VM24 ROUNDSLIDE CARB

Mikuni True VM24 Roundslide Carburetor. Measures 24mm at intake manifold. Uses 35mm rubber boot intake.

7471486041187058433_1.jpg

found this on ebay 80 bucks new. this looks right to me, but im still new to bikes so i want to be absolutely sure.

thanks for all the help

~rob

i just got off the phone with a couple different guys, and they said that as long as i use premixed fuel then i dont need the oil injection, since its 2 stroke that makes sense. they said that the vm24 should work fine.

i just got off the phone with a couple different guys, and they said that as long as i use premixed fuel then i dont need the oil injection, since its 2 stroke that makes sense. they said that the vm24 should work fine.

Having used a bike running pre-mix i would go for sorting it properly, with the autolube you have the right mix all the time and you don't have to carry a bottle of the stuff everywhere you go. Its a pain in the arse to measure so you can't part fill and worst of all if the bike stands for any length they separate out. No, premix is for crossers and race bikes that you fill from a jerry can in a field. On the road its inconvenient at best.

Fix it right fix it once. Ive heard it often enough growing up i'm now old enough to admit its good advice.

• 1 month later...

I need to see the other side. The Dt175E has a pumped 2 stroke oil system, therfore the carb needs to have a connection for the oil line, it would normally be on the other side like this UK version.

Copyof100_0682.jpg

I have a '75 DT175B I am currently cleaning up. It has autolube, but the output of the pump enters the fuel stream thru a banjo fitting on the intake manifild, not on the carburetor.

Also, this link is VERY handy for determinng parts you need and part numbers.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/myyamaha.../starthere.aspx

Hello

Would this be the same carb as on the DT50?. It looks very similar, except mine has two water lines coming out for the liquid cooling.

Question, under the float needle, is there threads and a jet or something that can be screwed in and out. I am wondering how to adjust the float height, the gas just keeps running out my overflow on the carb. I have been bending the little tabs that hold the needle but to no avail. It doesn't appear to be stopping the flow of gas.

Thanks

Hello

Would this be the same carb as on the DT50?. It looks very similar, except mine has two water lines coming out for the liquid cooling.

Question, under the float needle, is there threads and a jet or something that can be screwed in and out. I am wondering how to adjust the float height, the gas just keeps running out my overflow on the carb. I have been bending the little tabs that hold the needle but to no avail. It doesn't appear to be stopping the flow of gas.

Thanks

if you take the float out you will see a tiny circlip holdint thre needle to the float there are a number of grooves just take the clip off and move up a couple of notches. I did that with mine and it stopped the gas leaking out.

if you take the float out you will see a tiny circlip holdint thre needle to the float there are a number of grooves just take the clip off and move up a couple of notches. I did that with mine and it stopped the gas leaking out.

Mine doesn't have the grooves that I can see, but I was able to bend the tangs that hold the needle in place on the float assembly and that apparently raised it enough to stop the flow when the bull is full.

Thanks for you reply.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online