Source for parts?

sliverstorm
This post is 5664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again! I am now going over my bike looking for problems, and have found a few (rear brake line had a piece taken out of it, for example) but this brings me to a problem.

Where do I get parts!? Things like the belt that adjusts my rear shock can't possibly be common in generic stores, and there's no FZ600's for parts nearby. Is there a good store to go to? Also, semi-generic things like my brake line. Where's a good source for that? I can't cut brake line to length, so I have to order the right size.

Also, is there a good place for rebuild materials for the carbs? Or are those generic enough parts I can find them anywhere?

I've been spoiled by the availability of parts for my '86 MR2 :)

P.S. my rear shock looks like it's in rather poor shape- the foam rubber stuff is falling apart and such. Do these shocks last forever, or should I rebuild/fix/replace/upgrade it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looks like ebay may be your best bet.

some bike parts will fit other bikes, just measure up your rear brake line and go to your nearest parts shop and see if you can find another of similar length, doesnt really matter what bike its from aslong as it works.

Rear shocks dont last forever, if its a gas shock you may have to replace it but for what its worth you can get brand new generic shocks off the internet quite cheap (measure up your original shock and find one the same length)

you think getting parts for an FZ is bad?, try finding parts for a Jawa!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online