Gear problems+

maltatrucker
This post is 5648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

If me brother wasn't away for next 2 and half years i'll kill the fooker,anyway rant over.

Re bored the barrel and put it all together today(thanks to everyone for advice)started up after half dozen kicks and was felling pretty chuffed,loads of smoke till cleared out revving ok so pretty happy until tried to ride it,went in first gear ok pulled ok until tried to put it in second,Nothing gear lever solid will only go neutral and first gear nothing else also no lighting works but i'll try to find a wiring diagram for that see what wires he broke the sh*t.

Thanks all for any help

Daz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok guys went down to the garage today for a quick look,tapped the gear lever a bit and yo and behold the gears work went to start and it started and seized up so only thing to do is dismantal the engine again and see whats wrong,this time i'm going to split the engine open as i got a feeling a large piece of piston is inside and wedged between the crank and case

Update

Dismantled the engine today and found the the piston broke again and the reason was the roller bearings on the con rod disintegrated,so managed to find a replacement second hand engine for 120 Euros so good deal there

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online