94 FZR 600R Indicators

mick600
This post is 5674 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. First of all I did run a search and couldnt find anything specific to this problem, so here goes.

My good old 94 FZR 600R has after market indicators, The standard ones having been binned long before I got it. nothing fancy, no LEDs or anything. The left side works perfectly, blinking steadily as you would want it to. The right side doesnt so much blink as flickers, it is flashing that fast. Everything is the same on both sides, bulb ratings and so on. I just cant figure out why one side works fine and the other goes mad whenever you flick the indicator on. The plan is to put it thru its MOT and use it thru the summer but I cant see it passing in its current state.

Any thoughts what could be the problem anyone?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont know what could be wrong but i dont think you need indicators for an mot so take them off before the test (if they are on it they must work) it would let you get it tested and sort the problem later (you may also find a bad connection when you remove them)

worth a try

good luck

Hi mate, if you have nothing fancy on there its a good start, second the lamps are lighting, even if it is fast means that the likely hood of the fault being within the loom is unlikely. The fact that one side works fine means that the actual relay and associated guff is fine.

I would be looking at the bulbs, i cannot count the amout of times i've heard "but the bulbs looked fine" after a lighting fault is found to be the bulb. Swap the bulbs from side to side that will cost nothing but time and see what happens, i would not be surprised if the problem swaps over.

Failing that then i would be looking inside the lampholders at the connections.