Yamaha CS50 Jog R Problem

Scott9096
This post is 4938 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My sister has a Yamaha CS50 Jog R and it keeps cutting out either when she is idling, it was recommended that we change the carburetor,which we did but it still hasnt solved the problem.

When it does cut out it wont then either kick start or electric start unless we pull back on the throttle at the same time as starting it.

I thought it might be something to do with the idle jet but as im dont deal with mopeds much i wouldnt have the foggiest where to look for it and i cant find any diagram to help.

I just wondered if anyone could help, ie with another diagnosis or a description of where to look for a solution

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could be a blocked pilot jet, or a simple matter of the idle speed being set too low.

adjust the idle speed screw (clockwise) to increase the idle speed and see if that helps, if not you may need to clean your carb

I can see 2 screws one with a spring behind it and the other is set back in a brass fitting which screw is which.

Not familiar with the bike, but I would assume the idle speed screw has the spring behind it and the other will be the mixture screw

• 3 months later...

Hi, I believe that I've been having a similar problem with the very same model.

I was wondering if aynone knew of any repair manuals that I can find online to look at?

I remember taking the chassis off a year or more ago but I can't remember now how to do it exactly and I need ot get to the carb to clean it.

Thank you

Hi, I believe that I've been having a similar problem with the very same model.

I was wondering if aynone knew of any repair manuals that I can find online to look at?

I remember taking the chassis off a year or more ago but I can't remember now how to do it exactly and I need ot get to the carb to clean it.

Thank you

Hi, you got the link for the manual in your other post.

Bye.

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online