1975 Yamaha DT 175

chadwic
This post is 5667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of fixing up an old 75 Yamaha DT 175. I just recently got the bike running with redoing the gas tank, cleaning the carb, replacing the fuel line and the bike cranks right up and runs great while idling. When I start riding the and I go to accelerate the bike bogs down. I can gradually increase the speed but you have to find the sweet spot in the throttle to do that.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I would love not to take this back to the shop. Thanks for all your help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just did. It seems to be pretty gunked up. I also by mistake found out that the bike will ride great when I pull the choke out after riding it but once I need to stop it will cut off.

Thoughts? Thanks for your help!

I just did. It seems to be pretty gunked up. I also by mistake found out that the bike will ride great when I pull the choke out after riding it but once I need to stop it will cut off.

Thoughts? Thanks for your help!

Usually a good indication that the carb needs a strip and clean, you will probably find the pilot jet is blocked.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online