yamaha aerox 09

skiellor
This post is 5404 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my mate has asked me if i could fit a leovinci exhaust to his new aerox 50. but i have realised that there is another pipe coming from the original exhaust, this appears to go to the engine, i was wondering if any 1 new what i could do with this or what it is for.

i belive its there for reusing exhaust emissions or something like that.

any help woill be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not 100% familiar with the aerox, but usually it will be going into the airbox which acts as a restrictor, blowing hot (exhaust) air into the engine and thus reducing power output.

most people also drill more holes in the airbox to let more air through, or do away with it completely and fit a K&N filter

pics would be nice m8

• 5 months later...

you can put the sports pipe on, but you will have to change the rollers (lighter). that pipe going to the engine is what that other guy said. it acts as a restrictor, what you would have to do to make sure its fully de-restricted is to plug the hole with high temp silicon (InstaGasket). and DO NOT get a K&N they are shit lol so many problems! lol. your better off getting a foam filter such a polini. BTW Not patronising you Wild Foamy. :huh::D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online