VA VA VA VA VA VOOOOOOM....

mits007
This post is 5653 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gave the bike a nice wash and polish (including the chrome) - I'll reply with what I use (its basically cotton type material with some polishing agent - got it frm Heine Gerricke)

Finally, mustered up the courage to drill 3 x Ø6,0 holes in each exhaust....

I'm gonna open 'em up to 6,8 and then tap M8 so I can blank em up with cap heads should the need arise...

Well, the weather is improving so I really cant wait to start riding more - oh!.. I broke my land speed record on Saturday - 90mph... (Don't laugh)....

-Mits-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Been washing mine today too:

RIMG0013.jpg

(yes, that is the reflection of my road/neighbours houses you can see in the tank)

I used:

Muc-off

ACF-50

and Stardust Eclat polish

p.s. If you're gonna tap an M8 you'll want to drill a bit smaller than 8mm, 6.8mm should do nicely.

Yup, my trusty Zeus book never lets me down, a tapping drill Ø6,0mm then I'll need 3 taps, I've forgotten what they were called...

I think the 1st one is a "Pass"

the second one is called the "Intermediate"

and the final tap is called the "Plumber / plummer" Aaaaah, brings back the days, screws, threads, taps and dies,,,,

ACF-50, yeah, I use that too,

I'll have to check the shops for other cleaning products next time. I wouldn;t mind a smaller padded pillion seat like yours... where did you get it from?...

regards,

-Mits-

That's the seat that came with the bike, I'm thinking of taking it off and putting a rack on insted though...

• 2 weeks later...

Am liking your bikes boys but mine looks so different. Need to fathom out how to get a pick up here

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Where's the little pic? I have uploaded and its not showing. Man I hate IT!!!

Am liking your bikes boys but mine looks so different. Need to fathom out how to get a pick up here

We've got the custom 650, as opposed to your classic...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Where's the little pic? I have uploaded and its not showing. Man I hate IT!!!

What are you using to host your pics? photoshop? flickr?

Been washing mine today too:

Crimony, dude.... LOVE your pipes!!!

What did you do to blacken them like that?

thinking of selling it?....if so, how much you want for it?... I presume it will fit on the 650 ok?...

That IS the 650, chap.

THAT is the factory standard seat I was telling you about in the other thread.

Crimony, dude.... LOVE your pipes!!!

What did you do to blacken them like that?

Cheers, I picked up a second set of pipes on eBay, so if it all went wrong I wouldn't be stuck.

Then sanded the chrome down and drilled the baffles - then applied a few coats of Plasti-kote stove paint

There are other high temp black paints out there - but I picked that up at B&Q...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online