worst injury

liquidcooled
This post is 5490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

15 year old, on a cb125 superdream, flat out towards a bend than runs under a railway bridge, i forgot to turn, hit the wall of the bridge, then the bike hit me, broke both my legs, (1 twice), 1 arm, collar bone, cracked 3 ribs, broke my little finger, and had to have a dye put into me to find internal bleeding, the only thing i can remember really hurting afterwards was my ribs, and all they did was strap them up, ive never been frightened of sneezing before (god it hurt). Now ive got 1 leg slightly longer than the other, a bent little finger and i ache everywhere if i get really cold, but its joys of motoring, i dont fancy it again though, its embarasing needing nurses to left you up so you can have a no2 whilst in traction :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its embarasing needing nurses to left you up so you can have a no2 whilst in traction  

the most embarrasing thing i had to do as a student was to help a young male on an orthopedic ward have a no2, i really felt for him.......Didnt mind giving him a bed bath though :wink:

Never had a serious injury but the most annoying one was last year. I got knocked off the SV and bashed my knee on something but I ended up with loads of swelling underneath my kneecap and I couldn't bend my leg so could only ride my bike again right at the end of summer :evil:

Amanda

Shot a 2-1/2" long staple clear into my leg w/ 100psi of air behind it once :shock: ......Obviously didn't do that while riding :P , but it sure piised me off, 'cause it kept me off the bike for week :evil:

• Admin

what you doing with your trousers on yer head mozzy? :?  :lol:

Quick of the mark there alan :lol::lol::lol:

• 4 years later...

sanded my whole thumbnail off with a 20 inch disk sander sporting 30 grit.

the thin piece of metal i was sanding had some burrs on it so I decided to scratch them off, when I did that the burrs caught on the sanding wheel and got sucked down between the wheel and the work plate. effectively slapping my thumb against the disk. it only took an instant, but my thumb was flat from last knuckle to thumbtip and only a thin crescent of nail remained near the top. the rest was gone, and to to say the least: tender.

its not like I could go and get it stitched up or anything, so a bit of gauze and some tape. I continued to work until the day was over. cleaned it daily but never let it keep me from my job at the shop.

after 2 years the nail still grows a little bit like a washboard, and my thumbtip has a bit of minor numbness.

HAD A CAR PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME ONCE HIT IT DOING ABOUT 30 WROTE MY BIKE OFF , HAD 2 WEEKS OFF WORK ALONG WITH 3 MONTHS OF PHYSIO ON MY LEFT LEG BECAUSE IT GOT SQUASHED BETWEEN MY BIKE AND KNOB JOCKEYS CAR(TORE LIGAMENTS AND HAD LIMP FOR MONTHS)V/PAINFUL.

Was on my way home from college once in the winter on a windy day, went around a bend at around 40 ish to find a tree on the floor .... hit it launching me flying and landed on my shoulder and bike cart wheeled once or twice, Broke my collar bone on that one, must be the most anoying bone to break! <_<

Try cutting your throat with an angle grinder!! Quarter of an inch & I wouldn't be here. 76 stitches inside my neck & 32 (thankfully) along my jaw line. But hey, i'm still here 2 annoy if that's what it take!! LOL!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online