sr125 electrics

kidneybeaner
This post is 5665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've recently rebuilt the top end of my sr125 engine and have refitted the whole thing back into the frame - now the tricky part, the electrics (wish I'd taken more photos first...)

It looks like someone has done a bit of a hatchet job on the electrics at some stage as what I have differs from the Haynes manual - could someone confirm the routing of the cable that is connected to the starter motor? Where does it connect to and which route does the cable get attached to the frame?

Also (and this may be part of the answer) what connects directly to the negative terminal on the battery?

Any help much appreciated, I've got what looks like a snake's wedding on my hands and thought I'd ask instead of doing something really stoopid....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I've recently rebuilt the top end of my sr125 engine and have refitted the whole thing back into the frame - now the tricky part, the electrics (wish I'd taken more photos first...)

It looks like someone has done a bit of a hatchet job on the electrics at some stage as what I have differs from the Haynes manual - could someone confirm the routing of the cable that is connected to the starter motor? Where does it connect to and which route does the cable get attached to the frame?

Also (and this may be part of the answer) what connects directly to the negative terminal on the battery?

Any help much appreciated, I've got what looks like a snake's wedding on my hands and thought I'd ask instead of doing something really stoopid....

starter motor positive goes to the solinoid.

another thick black wire runs from the engine case to the negative terminal on the battery

Hey Drew,

Thanks for the advice - I've wired both up now (had to fit a new negative cable to the engine case, the old one was missing). All the lights work, neutral light on etc - however when I hit the starter switch - nothing. Not even a click. Bit worried that the new engine's starter motor is dud. Anything I need to check before removing it?

Thanks