SR250 Carb problems. Change to MIKUNI VM 32-33 ??

Khunangkaro
This post is 5534 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My original carb is giving problems. It has been running very nice, but then:

a ) Its overflowing

I cleaned out the inlet last week. Runned sometimes reasonable. But get after fire in exhaust.

The fuel level seemed to be low down enough when looking from above into the main jet then. But when I took off the carb last day it was wet with petrol left overs in the bore.

b ) The diafragm is dammaged.

At one or two cracks the rubber is gone a little and exposing the fabric on under side. But as far as I can see not (yet) all through. Does worry me. Might already or soon be leaking.

Is there a way to check and repair the diafragm?

So far I cannot find parts new or second hands here in Bangkok.

A friend recommended to change to carb from 250cc TZR or TZM saying the first one would be best.

I found MIKUNI carbs second hand with written mark TZ. All the same. Not knowing that there are many kinds of TZ. In Thailand maybe only one kind. Anyway worth the try for less then 15 Euro).

Looking at internet what I bought looks like MIKUNI VM 32-33.

Bore slightly less then 33mm

Main jet 190

Pilot jet 32.5

Jet needle 6 DP 7 (clip at 2/5 from top)

ASK SUGGESTIONS for JETS size and JET NEEDLE ans FLOAT LEVEL

The float lip looks bend up much (over 30 degrees or so)The float needle top is metal to metal seat. It is not overflowing but rubber head against metal might be better. So I got a new one with rubber head which is also longer so that the lip can be more flat. Right???

The back side fits nicely. The clamp on rubber tube from the air filter is already smaller then original. (Was actually a bit of a problem before)

Spigot is 38 mm and leaves a gap of 15 mm with the mounted inlet rubber.

To-morrow I can pick up a machined adapter alu tube that fits the gap.

I let it make screw on the VM and close off with a 1.5 mm flat rubber ring inside between. The front side same as original carb.

Here you can let make things very cheap.

As example: Carterstop was in terrible state and leaking because missing rim for seal. New one machined for 200 BHT.

One packing for right carter cover plus two packing for inlet rubber, ready made for 50 BHT all.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online