any ideas?

DJ Rusty
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Anyone got any ideas on this problem please.

Going into work last night after about 5 miles of my 6 mile journey i noticed that when stopped the tick over was very rough, sounded like it was only firing on two plugs. Blip of the throttle and all ok, then when it slowed back to tick over back to the sound of two plugs. Half a tank of fuel so rule out near empty fuel.

Also noticed this morning no indicators for turn left or right, but, they come on when the alarm arms and when you put the hazzards warning on. so any ideas of whats going would be appreciated. The bike in question is new from October last year and done about 2500 miles now.

Its in the motorcycle shop now, i dropped it off there this morning and been given this shed of a Honda 400 to use,,,,,,yuck!!!!

Ok, all answers to the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you checked the switchgear?, if it operates when you use the hazards or arm the alarm it can't be a wiring issue with the indicators.

as for the rough idle, check the plugs and see what the fuel mixture is like, check compression and resistance of the HT leads

have you checked the switchgear?, if it operates when you use the hazards or arm the alarm it can't be a wiring issue with the indicators.

as for the rough idle, check the plugs and see what the fuel mixture is like, check compression and resistance of the HT leads

I will put this to the garage when i go back on Monday. Im guessing the mixture should be ok as only 6months old as the same for the plugs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online