Yamaha XJR1300 Plug Caps

Shemhamforash
This post is 5597 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, just joined, live outside Glasgow Scotland and currently ride an XJR1300 2000 model.

I am looking for someone who will know or could find out if NGK or another manufacturer do plug caps for my bike as i do not want to pay Yamaha £25.00 for each single unit OEM!!! Shocking price. Manual said plug cap resistance is 10k ohms and i think 102 degree angle but dont know if it should be specific size etc. Quite new to this and bit stumped. Hopefully someone can help.

Many thanks

Peter :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, just joined, live outside Glasgow Scotland and currently ride an XJR1300 2000 model.

I am looking for someone who will know or could find out if NGK or another manufacturer do plug caps for my bike as i do not want to pay Yamaha £25.00 for each single unit OEM!!! Shocking price. Manual said plug cap resistance is 10k ohms and i think 102 degree angle but dont know if it should be specific size etc. Quite new to this and bit stumped. Hopefully someone can help.

Many thanks

Peter :D

Hi Peter, welcome to the YOC forum. Just had a look on the m&p web site Here They do 102 degree plug caps with 70mm drop, they dont mention the resistance though so you will have to check with them but I think 10kOhms is pretty standard. they do two types depending on your plug size so watch out which one you choose.

They're only £3.50 each :D

Hi Peter, welcome to the YOC forum. Just had a look on the m&p web site Here They do 102 degree plug caps with 70mm drop, they dont mention the resistance though so you will have to check with them but I think 10kOhms is pretty standard. they do two types depending on your plug size so watch out which one you choose.

Thanks very much, most of the plug caps are 5 kohm resistance, will check manual again and check link.

Cheers :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online