FZR 400 3TJ 1989 need carb settings for Mikuni carbs please help??

tzr123
This post is 5199 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey,

i need settings for my FZR 400 3TJ 1989 mikuni carbs.

i cant find any manuals or anything on this bike jap imported.

but yeah its running to rich, the only way it would run/idle is with no air box :blink: also takes a while to start but im guessing that its flooded and gunked up the the spark plugs.

so yeah could any one help please?

cheers

danny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey,

but yeah its running to rich, the only way it would run/idle is with no air box :blink: also takes a while to start but im guessing that its flooded and gunked up the the spark plugs.

cheers

danny

Here you have the 3TJ Service manual :

http://www.commline.com/FZR/400/MANUAL/

• 9 months later...

hey,

cheers

danny

Hi Danny

I have a 1988 fzr 400 with a similar problem, when i got the bike the engine oil was like petrol so i changed it i have managed to get it going but only with the air box off. It idles fine an revs up smoothly when you throttle it. I have been able to ride it with air box off, when i but air box back on it doesnt rev and it is unrideable but it does idle. seems like it is too rich or the floats are set wrong? also one of the EXUP cables is snapped and the valve is kept open with a piece of wire may cause bogging?.

any ideas of what could be happening here would be appreciated

cheers

Reagan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Danny

I have a 1988 fzr 400 with a similar problem, when i got the bike the engine oil was like petrol so i changed it i have managed to get it going but only with the air box off. It idles fine an revs up smoothly when you throttle it. I have been able to ride it with air box off, when i but air box back on it doesnt rev and it is unrideable but it does idle. seems like it is too rich or the floats are set wrong? also one of the EXUP cables is snapped and the valve is kept open with a piece of wire may cause bogging?.

any ideas of what could be happening here would be appreciated

cheers

Reagan.

Hey there, sounds like what my current fzr is doing(second one:P) i think its due to carbs not been set up properly and/or dirty.

best thing to do is elimanate the cheap things, iv given my bike a service, now when they eventually come ill put in new carbs in as the ones i have need setting up and new bowls so it was cheaper to get a new one

• 3 weeks later...

HI I have Just joined...

I maybe able to help....

main jets should be 99.5 / 100 on 1 and 4 cyclinder and 97.5 / 98 on 2 and 3 cylinders also do you have two air jet holes where the bell mouths are if so you can block off the one on the left with blue tack and this will keep the revs sweet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online