1991 XJ600 any advice?

alclunnie
This post is 7314 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and girls- it's been a while...

So I was cruising from Warwick to Southampton yesterday, and i was coming down the A34 just by Newbury when I felt something pushing on the inside of my right knee- it felt like a strong wind almost. So I glanced down, and as I moved my leg to get a good look the side panel made a dramatic bid for freedom- leaping acrobatically from my bike before crashing to the tarmac some way behind me... And here I am, one side panel down, and wondering "where the hell am I going to get a right hand side panel for a 1991 XJ600?" (before anyone asks- it's not a diversion!)

Any ideas guys?

Muchas gracias

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, that's the same model as mine 8) there were some side panels on ebay a while back, i see the odd xj being broken on there so that's prob yer best bet 8) best of luck, let us know how you get on. p.s if i see/hear of any i'll pm you

hi, that's the same model as mine 8)  there were some side panels on ebay a while back, i see the odd xj being broken on there so that's prob yer best bet 8)  best of luck, let us know how you get on. p.s if i see/hear of any i'll pm you

sound old girl she is- a great vintage- i can't believe what they did to it to come up with that monstrosity called the diversion!!!

as for ebay- i did check it out and guess what- there was a diversion side panel going for 1quid.