600 MILE OIL CHANGE

t&biskits
This post is 5672 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

MY 2008 R6 IS IN FOR THE600 MILE SERVICE/ OILCHANGE. THE DEALER HAS TOLD ME THEY WILL USE SEMI SYNTH CASTROL FOR THE OIL CHANGE, BUT THE YAMAHA PAPERWORK THAT COMES WITH THE DOCUMENTS STATES FULLY SYNTH????????? CAN ANYBODY HELP? :angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

MY 2008 R6 IS IN FOR THE600 MILE SERVICE/ OILCHANGE. THE DEALER HAS TOLD ME THEY WILL USE SEMI SYNTH CASTROL FOR THE OIL CHANGE, BUT THE YAMAHA PAPERWORK THAT COMES WITH THE DOCUMENTS STATES FULLY SYNTH????????? CAN ANYBODY HELP? :angry:

I know as little about bikes as you m8, I would show the guys at the 'Garage' the 'yamaha' paperwork, simples <_<

The dealer could be right,, it may be a bit early to be using Full Syn oil, the engine has not yet bedded in fully and using full Synthetic oil now, could slow this procces down, they will more than likely go to full synthetic after the next oil change.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online