ive booked a track day!!!

yammie girl
This post is 7319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's the way to go.

You have kids....your first priority has to be safety.

If you don't feel confident yet, that's normal. Just take it steady and get the right advice. And that help has to be based on Real world riding, not trackday skills.

yep the police course would be the way to go 8) plus you might get a leather clad policeman helping you out 8) as pete says, real world riding is more important than the track stuff. the track day will do you alot of good too though i'd imagine, it'll give you confidence getting leaned over etc... 8)

Oh LC u thought u would try and add somthing useful then!! :lol:

I will spk to then tomorrow i wont get bac from work till 22.30 is V long shift....but im not going to cancel the track now.....sounds like far to much fun to me.....

Oh LC u thought u would try and add somthing useful then!!

yeah i thought i'd better before you give me a bollocking again :lol: :wink:

i really have to drag the clutch and use loads of back brake

If i get to a corner & i think im going to fast to get round, i just lean more & it seems to work, coz if i try & brake, thats when bad things seem to happen. I found the best way to learn is to find a nice, quiet, twisty, country lane and ride it without braking at all, just use ur engine, smooth gear changes up/down, and you'll find that once mastered, you will ride quicker, but smoother & more in control, than just nailing it, then slamming on at the bends which is only gonna end in disaster... You dont need track days for this, just time on your bike to gain experiance......

Clutch and rear brake round corners. That does not compute in my mind? :?

This isn't the way to go round bends or are you talking about coming out of junctions?

The olny time i use the rear brake round a corner is if I am carrying too much speed and I have to slow down but dont want to use the front because of the angle I am leaning.

Pulling out of junctions on a big bike can be difficult if you try and take it tight. Try to pull out more gradual keeping the bike more upright allowing you to pull out a little faster.

As for going round corners and using the clutch. Like mentioned before, try and get into the right gear before entering the corner so you are in the right rev range to pull out of the corner.

Hope this helps.

If I am totally of what your probolem is then just let me know exactly where your problem is and what your thoughts and feelings are. :wink:

• Admin

Go somewhere quiet and practice practice practice

As for the bikesafe course definatly go for it and join your local IAM,

http://yamahaclub.com/cms/component/option...mid,4/catid,15/

As for the bike safe course SUSSEX POLICE do not feel that educating bikers is worth their while :evil:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online