just started my rebuilt engine

drewpy
This post is 5669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whay!!

rebuilt engine fired straightaway.

the reason I did it was because the engine case was porous and leaked oil. the new case was from XS360's (R.I.P.) estate and was only £2. spent another £200 on bearings and gaskets etc though!!! :blink:

checked the timimg and unbeliveably it was only very slightly retarded (like me) so left it for now. just been for a cautious blast and it hunts slightly in low revs. i have reset the float height as it was set too high at 26mm and should be 32mm. I think i need to balance the carbs and richen the pilot screws.

engine nice and quiet as I put in new rings i bought years ago with new cyl head (£60), camchain(£38) and camshaft (£15). MOT due but it'll piss it!!

I forgot the brakes were shit hot (xs1100 twin disks) :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It's alive!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smilie-2.jpg

Whay!!

rebuilt engine fired straightaway.

the reason I did it was because the engine case was porous and leaked oil. the new case was from XS360's (R.I.P.) estate and was only £2. spent another £200 on bearings and gaskets etc though!!! :blink:

checked the timimg and unbeliveably it was only very slightly retarded (like me) so left it for now. just been for a cautious blast and it hunts slightly in low revs. i have reset the float height as it was set too high at 26mm and should be 32mm. I think i need to balance the carbs and richen the pilot screws.

engine nice and quiet as I put in new rings i bought years ago with new cyl head (£60), camchain(£38) and camshaft (£15). MOT due but it'll piss it!!

I forgot the brakes were shit hot (xs1100 twin disks) :D

Congratulations !! It feels so good when an engine of a Yammie is rebuilt. Your Yam will live for ever !

Enjoy it .

:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online