the plane that crashed in the hudson

oldtimer
This post is 5668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am sure most people saw the plane that crashed in the river hudson on the news well my mate who lives in the states sent me these photos of the plane after they got it out going through the streets in east rutherford.

ATT82580.jpg

ATT82579.jpg

ATT82578.jpg

ATT82577.jpg

ATT82576.jpg

ATT82575.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i am sure most people saw the plane that crashed in the river hudson on the news well my mate who lives in the states sent me these photos of the plane after they got it out going through the streets in east rutherford.

I guess no one would have been doing Wheelies/endos up the high street that day :lol:

Regards Jim

I guess no one would have been doing Wheelies/endos up the high street that day :lol:

Regards Jim

the photos dont show the reality of it jim,it looks like it was an easy job but in fact it took a long time to get through east rutherford it was dark when these were taken and went on well in to the night

ATT82585.jpg

ATT82584.jpg

ATT82583.jpg

the photos dont show the reality of it jim,it looks like it was an easy job but in fact it took a long time to get through east rutherford it was dark when these were taken and went on well in to the night

I can appreciate that the job was long & difficult (I can only drive class II ) and within what I drive (from time to time) I would not like to put a class II let alone a long class I down streets like that, you would have thought that a better route could have been found, on taking a class II test the emphisis was on route planing and forward thinking in this case they either never did that exercise or had no ohter option.

Regards Jim

I can appreciate that the job was long & difficult (I can only drive class II ) and within what I drive (from time to time) I would not like to put a class II let alone a long class I down streets like that, you would have thought that a better route could have been found, on taking a class II test the emphisis was on route planing and forward thinking in this case they either never did that exercise or had no ohter option.

Regards Jim

i suppose it was the only way jim new york central is a busy old place.

you might like this one in kosovo these lads found out the hard way tanks dont go every where, i spent my life with my camera handy when in the services,they were not amused

NoRoad1.jpg

i suppose it was the only way jim new york central is a busy old place.

you might like this one in kosovo these lads found out the hard way tanks dont go every where, i spent my life with my camera handy when in the services,they were not amused

NoRoad1.jpg

Oh err how do we dig this one out ??!! oddly enough my brother was a Tank driver he lost the odd centurian in places like that.

Regards Jim

Oh err how do we dig this one out ??!! oddly enough my brother was a Tank driver he lost the odd centurian in places like that.

Regards Jim

si Jim, you should be saying "Tanks for the memory!" :D

I watched a programme about this last night...unbelievable that the pilot hit the skill and expertise nail right on the head when it came to ditching in the Hudson and preventing the plane from breaking up...hitting the water at the correct angle etc and ultimately saving everyones life... :blink:

Last time we saw a water ditch attempt it was the Ethiopian Airlines hi-jacked flight which cartwheeled on impact breaking the plane up and killing 150 out of the 175 folks on board... :unsure:

Well done Sully and his Co Pilot and a big Thanks to "them upstairs" for bringing that down, dare I say safely??.....

...and..."Hi five" to the folks involved in getting that out of the Hudson and transported off to the breakers yard :lol:

...and..."Hi five" to the folks involved in getting that out of the Hudson and transported off to the breakers yard :lol:

Can you tell me which breakers yard I may be able to buy a motor to put in one of my FS1's :lol:

Regards Jim

Can you tell me which breakers yard I may be able to buy a motor to put in one of my FS1's :lol:

Regards Jim

The motors on the 'plane weigh 6 tons each, 10 feet in diameter and produce 80,000 lbs of thrust. Your FS1 would get up to about 300 miles an hour but the fuel tank would be empty in about 1 second.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online