1992 FZR 1000 Brake Calipers

frankenstein 1992 FZR
This post is 5665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Allen bolt/ PIN is stripped and Im having a terrible time locating this part. All part searches show a pin that does not have threading. The local dealer also just refers to the part in the Yamaha online micro fish where its shows just a pin and clip.

I looked for a used caliper online and also see this, its listed as a 89-93 but has pins

278-14511-BrkCalipFL-1.jpg

yamaha.jpg

Anyone familiar with this type of pin and what bikes have them? Are their different types of pins that Yamaha uses?

Please anyone with a 1992 FZR help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't quote me on this but I'm sure that somewhere in the dark depths of my mind my old TZR125 had similar retaining pins, the was a 1992 model. Sorry I can't be any more positive.

Is this the front or rear caliper you are talking about ??

If it`s the front then it Looks like you have a non standard calipers, had a look at some part catalogs of the era and all show the pin and circlip fitting for that bike, the rear caliper though, does show a threaded pin ! part No 3HE-25924-00.

Is this the front or rear caliper you are talking about ??

If it`s the front then it Looks like you have a non standard calipers, had a look at some part catalogs of the era and all show the pin and circlip fitting for that bike, the rear caliper though, does show a threaded pin ! part No 3HE-25924-00.

Really can't remember to be honest mate.

Try finding a manual or patts list on here, they're foreign but might help

http://www.blackbears.ru/index_en.php?get=manual

I've never heard of an allen bolt on these before, they're all pin and clips. I think it's a non standard part bodged from a different bike. Just get the standard pins and slot 'em in.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online