My beloved FAZER S2 (2008) - tuning

echdareez
This post is 4925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there!

Just discovered this forum and well, it seems there are quite a lot of Yamaha lovers in here ;-)

After my Fireblade, my Hayabusa and my Z-1000 (don't ask / great bikes but got "bored" with them after one or two seasons), I switched last year to a more "touring-like" bike which also had a somewhat sporty side. My eye fell on the Yamaha Fazer S2 and I wasn't even that jumpy to have another +1000cc bike and settled for its 600cc's. After almost a year now, this is my style of bike, love on first sight : able to crush those kilometers without ending up with a sore back (done almost 10.000 km last year), swift and versatile in all situations (without really excelling but oh well). All in all : I'm highly pleased with this one...

So, by the end of July, I mounted the new (blue) clickers, removed the left and right lights on the back (using a combined LED light in the middle), removed the original exhausts and replaced them with LeoVince's (wow, what a deep growling sound) and made the back look more "sporty" (shorter mounting for the license plate). So... As I have gotten the taste of "tuning" my bike, I was wondering what else I might change? Any suggestions or URL's would be very helpful :-)

thanks a lot for any suggestions!

/dimi

radical1.jpg

radical2.jpg

radical3.jpg

radical5.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

@ yammy : thanks m8! :)

@ HK-21 : well, thanks for the tip but if there's one thing I'm rather reluctant to change, it's the seat ;) You know, with some of my previous bikes, they were 'slippery' > especially with an older Fazer and with my Fireblade : hitting the brakes or accelerating, would shift my... euh... bum (?) ... euh... nether regions let's say back and forth. And safety is still a main issue when I'm riding : I have to have full control (without sliding)... But thanks for the tip :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

hello there

i was wondering if u got your fazer with the fairings on

if u bought them could you tell me where to get them as i would love to get some for mine.

also is the led brake and indicators look good on it as couldnt see from your pics

many thanks

gorgeous bike mate

try upgrading the air filter to K&N air filter

upgrade the fuel jets

upgrade the pistons to give more power output

upgrade the brake system for more powerful brakes

upgrade suspension front and rear

visit http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/default.asp for parts to upgrade