CBR6

kevin10529
This post is 5574 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1990 CBR 600 36000 on the clock going to see it the morn, might buy.

New bearings, pads, disks. tax, mot june2009

Click here!

Anyone know what to look out for for a CBR this age?

He wants 900 pound for it. Good deal? Good Bike?

And yes i know its not a Yamaha but lets not be picky.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Had one of these myself - fabulous bike

The CBR6 is pretty bullet proof. Keep it in clean oil and will run forever.

There are a couple of known issues, but none are serious or that expensive to fix if they rear their ugly heads

One is the regulator/rectifier which can fail and stop charging the bike (or start over-charging it)

If that happens then a new reg/rec is around the 65 quid mark. The other problem is the cam chain tensioner (you'll hear a loud clattering rattle, worse at about 5k revs) and that's slightly cheaper and a half hour job to replace - yes you can do it yourself. If the headlight brightens when revved from idle it ususally means the reg/rec is OK, but if the idle is high you wont see much change if the reg/rec is good.

You should get decent mileage out of one of these, if you are agressive on the throttle then it will drop like youwouldnt beleive but if you are very smooth you get a lot more.

Also check engine & frame numbers and watch the exhaust where it goes 4-2-1 for rot

Hope this helps ;)

its a honda :)

and yea what goff said

Cheers Goff, class info as always. Hope he throws in the soft luggage.

Seems cheap so am a bit worried.

Hes gonna take me a spin wi me sitting bitch so i can see how it handles....... should be fun....

Cheers Goff, class info as always. Hope he throws in the soft luggage.

Seems cheap so am a bit worried.

Hes gonna take me a spin wi me sitting bitch so i can see how it handles....... should be fun....

CBR6's are a brilliant all rounder. I loved mine but was far too aggressive with it and i was beginning to turn into one of thse twatty riders we all hate who would have eventually ended up dead.

It should handle very well indeed - as for the price - everyones desperate for cash at the mo so dont let that put you off.

Just take a good look round it, check what ive pointed out and you cant go wrong.

This was mine:

n510446813_665137_2689.jpg

Was gonna go see it today bit its total pishing it down so am going tomorrow (probably ice by then!).

That a 1990 CBR? Looks brill.

They good on the m/way how much miles to the tank? Fuel gauge?

Will be making a trip to Weybridge near(ish) London from Dumfries once a month and i was wondering if it could do the job?

I know a proper tourer would be better but i think the CBR ticks all the right boxes.

Was gonna go see it today bit its total pishing it down so am going tomorrow (probably ice by then!).

That a 1990 CBR? Looks brill.

Yep sure was. An upgrade from my CBR4 :D

They good on the m/way how much miles to the tank?

Will be making a trip to Weybridge near(ish) London from Dumfries once a month and i was wondering if it could do the job?

Reckon it was about 45mpg - but it can be a lot more or a lot less - depending on your riding - as as said earlier if you are aggressive on the throttle then it will drop like you wouldnt beleive but if you are very smooth you get a lot more.

Long way you got to ride there - but yeah - with a couple of stops for yourself, it will do the job.

I used to regulary blast up to the North East on mine when i first met the OH - OK its not a great distance, but twice a week it did it with no problems.

I know a proper tourer would be better but i think the CBR ticks all the right boxes.

Yep - cant agree more - great all rounder ;)

Seen it today, looks good. only problem is that has a light bust behind the speedo.

Done a HPI check.

HONDA CBR600F-L

16 OWNERS(FEK ME!)

1 COLOUR CHANGE

NOT STOLEN

NOT SCRAPPED

WE HAVE NO RECORD OF H70**** BEING SUBJECT TO A TOTAL LOSS CLAIM BY INSURERS

Some dude at a garage told me to try and get a 1991 model cause they total done up the engine and fairings...this true?

I don't think i will get a cleaner looking bike for that money around here though.

He is throwing in the luggage and some bits and bobs.

A light bust behind the speedo isnt a problem!

It can be replaced cheaply and you can DIY

I dunno about what the guy at the garage toldyou but if your happy with it go for it.

HPI checks mean jack shit too - as i found out last month when i went to trade my bike in.

The HPI company said it had been written off 2 years ago which was totally rubbish. Turns out they had made a mistake but one that caused me a right bloody headache with the dealer

If the bike feels right fot you then go for it.

CBR6's are a brilliant all rounder. I loved mine but was far too aggressive with it and i was beginning to turn into one of thse twatty riders we all hate who would have eventually ended up dead.

It should handle very well indeed - as for the price - everyones desperate for cash at the mo so dont let that put you off.

Just take a good look round it, check what ive pointed out and you cant go wrong.

This was mine:

That's one great looking bike you had there Goff, it looks mint. :thumb:

who is the hot chick on the bike?

and wow 16 owners, thats insane ! i got suprised when i was looking at bike that had 3 owners rofl

its been well used and still running well, cant complain there

some bikes that amount of owners tend to be wrecked

That's one great looking bike you had there Goff, it looks mint. :thumb:

Yeah it was a lovely bike that - even made it a lil more Goff-like :lol:

n510446813_665143_4247.jpg

who is the hot chick on the bike?

Me................ as if you didnt know :lol:

my avatar says it all... :lol:

just go over the usual like steering head bearings, forks e.t.c, wouldn't be surprised if there were some goddies added on so have a good look over it and make your own mind up.

my dad has a 1995 CBR900 RR Urban Tiger and it is a blast to ride!, can't see why the 600 would be any different

my avatar says it all... :lol:

Nooooooooooo. I've a mental picture in my head now, it's gonna take some getting ride of.... :sigh2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online