YZF600R Thundercat downpipes

JimBob999
This post is 5683 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had my t/cat (black/silver/gold) for nearly 4 years and finally I've joined the Yamaha Club!

The bike has been brilliant, but the poor beast has a hole in the exhaust (something that afflicts many t/cats it seems), and I'm not in the mood for chasing holes around with welding it. So I'm looking at splashing some cash and treating the bike to new downpipes.

I'm guessing that a good number of thundercat owners on here have at some point suffered from the exhaust rot, so does anyone have any recommendations or warnings about brands of stainless pipes? I'm looking at Predator as a starting point.

Also, while I'm here, rear shock? Hagon?

Many thanks, and hope everyone's getting out on their bikes and enjoying the improving weather.

James

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm guessing that a good number of thundercat owners on here have at some point suffered from the exhaust rot, so does anyone have any recommendations or warnings about brands of stainless pipes? I'm looking at Predator as a starting point.

Also, while I'm here, rear shock? Hagon?

I had Predator make up an exhaust for the wifes XS400seca and they did a good job, also heard that they come recomended for there Yam XJ set up, but don`t know what they do for the Cat ? Try here Quill Exhausts They list a stainless system for the T Cat at £225 + VAT.

Hagon are a basic shock with Pre load and Damping adjustment, not a bad price at £275. you could also try Wilbers or Maxton

I used Delkovic on my Cat. They are an OE copy in Stainless Steel and cost around £200 delivered.

I had two cans in the eight years I owned the bike, apart from the OE one. The first was a Beowulf Stainless, which got seriously damaged when I had my off, but it was the dog's danglers for sound. After I re-sprayed the bike, I fitted a Scorpion Carbon 'Toblerone' shaped can, also the mutt's nuts in every way.

I've used Quill, Akrapovic, Blue Flame and Termigoni on other Yams, but TBH, the Termi's are the only ones of those four I would consider in the future.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online