79 xs400 front end and carbs

rockstar81
This post is 5685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've almost got my scooter up and running...having a few charging issues but think that's taken care of (Thanks DREWPY!). But, when we chopped it my fab guy chopped it a little too low (he's new at fabbing)...so it drags a bit in a turn. All I need is another 1 1/2 inch in the front end but my tubes are all but flush with the top of my trees. Is there any fork tube extensions, or better yet, does anybody know the length of the tubes and where I could get a longer set? I need to keep the sliders for brake and fender mounting purposes (I tried a longer set of forks from another bike and that was a no-go). And, I've looked thru all the threads and have seen that others have put pod air filters on their bikes. Was there a jetting issue? If so, does anyone have the right sizes for the needles and jets? I don't exactly know what I'm looking for...just getting anxious to get my first scooter on the road!!! B) the scooter... http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/t...mostdone002.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a long shot, but can your fab man make a top tripletree which has a 2 " drop either side?

bit like this __/----\__ not sure how safe that would be, but you could get him to do it at cost as the bike was too low in the first place!!

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online