Need help ybr125 back brake sticking

Lynnhar
This post is 4033 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im new to biking and have a YBR 125 (love it) developed a problem this morning on my way to work the back brake locked making the bike obviously very hard to move, managed to get it home but im stumped!

The brake is on even when the pedal is lifted, have greased all movable parts (except brakes obviously) but its made no difference, any ideas??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This might hapen if the break shoes are worn out and the small activating lever turns more than the normal.

Another thing is brake dirt that might stick the lever.

Eitherway you 'll have to open thw brake plate and see what is hapening inside...

This might hapen if the break shoes are worn out and the small activating lever turns more than the normal.

Another thing is brake dirt that might stick the lever.

Eitherway you 'll have to open thw brake plate and see what is hapening inside...

Thanks Nio had to take it to shop cant take it in bits myself, lol turns out it was muck and crap in the brake hub

Thanks Nio had to take it to shop cant take it in bits myself, lol turns out it was muck and crap in the brake hub

I have has the exact same problem, What i tend to do is take off the rear brake every service, or whenever i feel its beginning to stick, as for some reason i get this every 1,000 miles or so.

The assembly itself is quite simple, if you can remove it yourself I reccomend it, as you would save yourself the workshop bills!

for some reason i get this every 1,000 miles or so.

Probably due to high humidity the brake dust forms into some kind of mud.

Seems to me that if you rince it with water more often, this wont happen again.

• 4 years later...

this is an old thread but...

I had same issue, cam shaft in the rear break hub was sticking after the pedal pressed, (first I noticed was a loss of power in high gears on my ybr125)

I striped off the wheel and hub, cleaned and lubricated the moving parts with gt86 and copper grease, works like new now!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online