Bleeding FZS 600 Fazer 1998 (Rear Brake

Big Tom
This post is 5643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help?

I have a FZS 600 Fazer and the problem is that the rear brake pedal depresses very easy but seems to be little or no pressure. The brake works but only after max pressure with the foot.

If I leave a weight on the pedal and put a bag over the reservoir (with lid off) will this work?

Your expectingly

Big Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope !!!!!!!!!!!

The system needs a change of fluid and then bleeding,,,also check the condition of the brake pipe,if this is the original rubber item, then it may be time to change to a stainless braided line.

If this doesnt work then you will need to overall the complete system, with new seals in both the master cly and caliper.

• 3 weeks later...

i have this same problem with my fzs600 caliper is seized and there is no preasure

at all when pedal is pushed, so change the fluid and bleed first then replace the seal on caliper and cylinder, is this an easy job to do, and where is the best place to purchase the seals from? cheers

• 4 weeks later...

i have this same problem with my fzs600 caliper is seized and there is no preasure

at all when pedal is pushed, so change the fluid and bleed first then replace the seal on caliper and cylinder, is this an easy job to do, and where is the best place to purchase the seals from? cheers

Hi Guys,My first visit,just to remind anyone tackling rear brake bleeding,unlike the front which only has one bleed nipple per caliper,the rear has an inboard and outboard nipple to these calipers. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online