Rechoming

wild foamy
This post is 5685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

are there any good places in/near berkshire where i can get my forks ground and re-chromed?, also some approximate costs

my mates dad said he can get them rechromed through work, but would it be possible to prepare the forks by spinning them in the lathe and taking a few thou off until the chrome is gone?

ta

- Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone.

are there any good places in/near berkshire where i can get my forks ground and re-chromed?, also some approximate costs

my mates dad said he can get them rechromed through work, but would it be possible to prepare the forks by spinning them in the lathe and taking a few thou off until the chrome is gone?

ta

- Steve

Leave it to the professionals Steve, get a quote from Philpots (may be philpotts) look them up, dont know where they are.

and try fitforx

the forks are "hard chromed" not the same as decorative chroming although you could get away with it for a few years ( i have at the moment) hard chroming is an engineering chrome used because it can be groung down to specs. used in hydraulic rams etc

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online