Another Newbie from Norway

Thomazo
This post is 5598 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks!

Great to find a forum with people that share the interest for Yamaha MC's.

After years with XL600R and later Elefant 750 - I was looking for something more "urban" and reliable to commuter to work in the city. I fell in love with the Yamaha MT-03, but was uncertain of it because I'm rather tall (1,90 cm).

Going to the local Yamaha dealer to test-sit one, it felt surprisingly OK.

After a good offer from the delaer I bought a new bronze MT-03 with Leo Vince exhaust ("low-power / 35 bhp instead of "high-power" / 45 bhp, because of local taxes, and because I have been told that it's easy to adjust it).

Haven't yet got it, because it's still plenty of snow in the streets up here in cold Norway.

Have therefore not even test driven it. :blink: Exciting to find out how it's really like..... Really hope I'm not to tall for this rather small bike. Any tall guys here with MT-03 experience???

Kind regards

Thomazo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Velkommen Thomazo,

I have a XT660Z with the same motor, although the final drive is abit different. You need to get the miles onto the motor when the weather improves, these things don't start to loosen up until well after the 6000 miles service.

my friend had a MT 03 , it looked superb!

he was 6 foot 2 and it was fine for him.

Make sure you get the baffles with the exhaust, when my friend had the arrow system in without baffles he was getting pulled within 5 min of going out.

the bike has a good amount of torque and gadgets, you will find it great i bet!

and welcome to YOC, im Dave.

Hi folks!

Great to find a forum with people that share the interest for Yamaha MC's.

After years with XL600R and later Elefant 750 - I was looking for something more "urban" and reliable to commuter to work in the city. I fell in love with the Yamaha MT-03, but was uncertain of it because I'm rather tall (1,90 cm).

Going to the local Yamaha dealer to test-sit one, it felt surprisingly OK.

After a good offer from the delaer I bought a new bronze MT-03 with Leo Vince exhaust ("low-power / 35 bhp instead of "high-power" / 45 bhp, because of local taxes, and because I have been told that it's easy to adjust it).

Haven't yet got it, because it's still plenty of snow in the streets up here in cold Norway.

Have therefore not even test driven it. :blink: Exciting to find out how it's really like..... Really hope I'm not to tall for this rather small bike. Any tall guys here with MT-03 experience???

Kind regards

Thomazo

hi welcome hope the roads clear for u soon ride safe

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online