Helicopter Tape

mits007
This post is 5610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hmmm Helicopter Tape?... Yes - helicpter tape - I work in the Military Aerospace Industryy. In order to protect the leading edges of wings / propellor / impellor blades from stone ships, we use something like this: -

http://www.lasaero.com/article/a-proptape

Any1 use anything similar to this on bikes?... hmm £1 per foot ain't cheap, but its bloody good stuff!.. I think formula 1 cars use something similar (maybe of a commercial grade as opposed to aerospace grade).. I'll have to cut some extra piece next time.... I was thinking of around the fork area..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are various suppliers of "bike protection kits" which look like clear, sticky-back plastic - mostly aimed at plastic bikes (ones with fairings) although I've no idea how well they work...

No need to pay a fortune for helicopter tape, its so expensive because it has to be very good, protection for your bike doesnt need to be as good as that and so you can buy self adhesive sheet from Motrax...possibly others too, i covered the heel plates on my bike to prevent scuffing.

yes, but I can alway cut a length of helicopter tape slightly too long...... know what I mean?!?!...

If they don't follow you now, they never will, mate!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online