rocket III

dragstar_125
This post is 5597 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If you're going to start with heated gloves, you might as well get the full kit, especially on an unfaired bike as open as a Cruiser. Hence £405 odd.

Gloves wear a lot faster than grips.

Also, heated grips are fine, but it's the rest of the body that then gets cold.

Anyway, unless you are going blatting across the Arctic, you won't really experience much in the way of proper cold, so long as you have reasonable kit. Most of the chill comes from lack of shielding, fairing and what have you, especially if you're doing M/way speeds and above as people are wont to do.

I have heated grips, but I rarely use them, to be honest.

The Ttaskmsitress also has them and uses them often, but she also rides in jeans and suffers cold a lot more.

To each their own.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey folks this isnt really a query on anything just want to know peoples opinions!!! i think i have heard Ttaskmaster talk about this bike the Triumph Rocket III, my firend got this beast of a bike in dark red n cram colour scheme and i have fallen in love with it!! (aswell as GOFF lol) does any1 want to put iinput into this?? triple exhaust system a radiator bigger than my plasma t.v lol and over 2litre engine!!!! what is going on! the onlything i didnt like was the toe' heel clutch system although he said you ca just use it the normal way. wat a beauty!!!

hey dragstar125 there are rockets and rockets but this custom built one built for bennets the bike insurance firm is something else

The engine is a 2.3l Triumph Rocket 3 engine, making it the fastest production street bike in the world, capable of 0-60mph in just 2.6 seconds. The ‘one off’ carbon fibre wheels measure up to be much larger than a standard motorbike, with rear wheels 300mm wide and front wheels 180mm wide. The bike itself is kitted out with aircraft quality aluminium, with the highest technology materials available.

bennetts_RAllmondij_113.jpg

bennetts_RAllmondij_030.jpg

Is prettily insane fella, but I'm afraid it doesn't count.

It's a one-off custom, not a standard production model.

It also has nowhere to put me sandwiches!!!!

The Production Rocket III beats the Production (pre-restriction) Hayabusa 0-20, 30, 40 and 50, but it's still slower on the 0-60mph.

However, either becomes faster once you start customising, knocking off weight, adding Nitrous and other such silly things that people do.... which they do because they cannot afford that aforementioned Heavy Attack Helicopter ;)

Is prettily insane fella, but I'm afraid it doesn't count.

It's a one-off custom, not a standard production model.

It also has nowhere to put me sandwiches!!!!

The Production Rocket III beats the Production (pre-restriction) Hayabusa 0-20, 30, 40 and 50, but it's still slower on the 0-60mph.

However, either becomes faster once you start customising, knocking off weight, adding Nitrous and other such silly things that people do.... which they do because they cannot afford that aforementioned Heavy Attack Helicopter ;)

sandwiches! good god i would have thought a young executive like you working for a large utility company would have been having lunch in the exec lounge? of course its a bit of a silly thing but arent most custom built bikes even the production bike put the fear of god up me on a test ride last year no way i would reach my next birthday riding one of those and the hayabusa the police round here have one unmarked the sneaky buggers!

Young executive??!!

I'm an engineering technician, mate. We get overpriced sarnies off the trolley or buy overpriced sarnies in the canteen, just like the rest of the scum!!

It may be the largest utility company of it's kind, but that doesn't mean it's any good here.

Besides, I'm a consultant, so we get even less regard!

If you're going to get a performance bike, the Rocket III is a good one to play with.

Certainly better than living your life on a knife edge all the time. Sunday rides are fine, but not for us all-purpose bikers.

Young executive??!!

I'm an engineering technician, mate. We get overpriced sarnies off the trolley or buy overpriced sarnies in the canteen, just like the rest of the scum!!

It may be the largest utility company of it's kind, but that doesn't mean it's any good here.

Besides, I'm a consultant, so we get even less regard!

If you're going to get a performance bike, the Rocket III is a good one to play with.

Certainly better than living your life on a knife edge all the time. Sunday rides are fine, but not for us all-purpose bikers.

it was tongue in cheek i thought it might make you laugh! sunday rides are fine but like you i ride everyday rain or shine cant understand this its cold or wet comments if you only rode in decent weather in this country you would never get out on your bike,at least the gear these days is far better than the crap from the sixties.

it was tongue in cheek i thought it might make you laugh!

Ja, I know. It did :D

Same back at'cha...... though I really am just a consultant technician.

sunday rides are fine but like you i ride everyday rain or shine cant understand this its cold or wet comments if you only rode in decent weather in this country you would never get out on your bike,at least the gear these days is far better than the crap from the sixties.

Wet is kinda nasty as I can never find waterproofs that don't leak at the crotch. :blink:

Even me Lewis Leathers all-in-one went on the third use, though that was the zip.

As for the Sixties.... Guess what kind of leather jacket I wear? ;)

Ja, I know. It did :D

Same back at'cha...... though I really am just a consultant technician.

Wet is kinda nasty as I can never find waterproofs that don't leak at the crotch. :blink:

Even me Lewis Leathers all-in-one went on the third use, though that was the zip.

As for the Sixties.... Guess what kind of leather jacket I wear? ;)

on you mate it still looks cool the marlon brando (wildone) style jacket the uniform of my youth ,jeans and leather jacket brothel creepers open face helmet and goggles,but having seen two old guys at a recent bike show dressed like that its nostalgic but sad, not for me my t shirts get enough comments

thank god my waterproofs don't leak at the crotch, i would think incontinence had set in lol