DT125X

SupermoTom
This post is 5685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys . . . recently had a few problems with my back brake, after riding the other day, i got home and there was brake fluid splattered everywhere, allover my back tyre, swinging arm, and up the shock protector.

i checked the brake lines were all nipped up and dry and they were fine, even bought a caliper service kit and rebuilt the caliper. I was talking to a mate at my local Yam dealer and he says that there's a fair chance that the seam on the inside of the caliper could have given way and that's where it could be leaking from. so now i'm on the market for a full rear brake caliper.

Does anyone have one laying about as a spare or will it be a breaker/dealer job. the dealer costs way way way too much :(

Cheers in advance

Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah i'm 100% sure of where it's leaking from. the caliper has actually split on the inside on the seam. So when i brake, the fluid spills from the crack and goes all over my brake pads, disc, tyre, leg etc. And every time i brake, the fluid level drops a little more.

It happened a couple of months before my warranty ran out, but the the dealership i got it from wouldn't repair it because i'd changed my brakelines. So now i have to do it all myself . . .

Tom

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online