1974 dt175

davrom0
This post is 5696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

I'm davrom0 new to the site. I got a 1974 DT175A with oil induction system - does anyone know what type of oil I put in the induction system? Also I heard you can premix if you do not want to use the oil induction or if it is inop, is that true. I will be selling this bike soon - but need to know this so can get it running and fixed up a bit.

thank you,

davrom0

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all,

I'm davrom0 new to the site. I got a 1974 DT175A with oil induction system - does anyone know what type of oil I put in the induction system? Also I heard you can premix if you do not want to use the oil induction or if it is inop, is that true. I will be selling this bike soon - but need to know this so can get it running and fixed up a bit.

thank you,

davrom0

Hi

I guess you mean that the oil pump is either missing or not working ? If the autolube system is there and correct you should use some form of 2 stroke oil in the tank & let the pump sort out the rest. If you are going to premix oil (in the fuel tank) go for a ratio of 20:1/25:1 but bear in mind that the bike may run a little weak with oil being added directly to the fuel rather than by its injection point. I guess your in for a fast buck turning a non runner to a runner and moving it on but you may find your purchasers either knock you down on the price, coz of the bike being a bit of a shed or others because the bike doesn't run right (and perhaps others). I would sell as is and perhaps make a bit of profit or do the full job & restore it and may make a bit more !!

Regards Jim

You need 2 stroke oil in the oil bottle (under the seat / behind side panel), if the oil injection system is working don't put a pre-mix in the tank as well as you will double the ammount of oil the engine is getting.

Trust this makes sense to you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online