Mustang Seat

stevie g
This post is 5354 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Gang

Can anyone please tell me if the V Sar 1100 and Dragstar 1100 are identical. I want to replace stock seat with Mustang however as they are only availble in America they are advertised as V Star. So far (two weeks to be exact) no response from Mustang.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Custom or classic model?

The customs and classics are the same as each other, but the customs are not the same as the classics

I must be getting old!!! :question:

ok try this.

There are 2 models of XVS/Dragstar/V Star - no matter what they are called they are the same bike. So a V Star is the same as a dragstar or XVS

One is the Classic model

One is the Custom model

The Custom and Classic models are both part of the same range of motorcycles so they are all XVS's/Dragstars/V Star's

HOWEVER

Parts from the Custom model will not fit the Classic model and vice versa

Is that better? ;)

Long answer is: mostly what Goff has said above

The UK Dragstar is the US V-Star,

So a Dragstar custom is almost identical to a V-Star custom (california models have an extra "Emission Control Unit")

Likewaise a Dragstar classic is almost identical to a V-star classic for the same reason.

Some but not all parts are interchangable between the custom and classic models (see first link)

here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.vstar1100.com/03_star_accessory...ation_guide.pdf

And

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/servic...ls.aspx?ls=star

Many thanks to you guys for responding so quickly.

I had an idea they were pretty similar just needed some expert input. I have arthritis and the old bones need a little more comfort now. Have read rave reviews about Mustang seats, not that good at customer care though so have ordered kit through an outlet over there.

Seat, sidepanels and grips ordered this morning.

I absolutley love this bike... came back to biking after 14years (illness) and was quite concerned how Id get on. Bought a VL1500 and triked it. Have to say was impressed with my handy work if I do say but...it wasnt a bike so hunted around and found the Dragstar almost as if it was made for me. Now out couple of times a month with the rest of the guys again all be it at the back, Ducatis , Aprillias SV's and the likes ,but Im always the one least tired and sore.

Enough of this idle chatter.

Will try and upload picture when the latest bits n bobs are attached

Once again many thanks and whilst I dont contribute very much I do visit quite a bit as I find the forum BRILLIANT well done to all

Steve

Long answer is: mostly what Goff has said above

The UK Dragstar is the US V-Star,

So a Dragstar custom is almost identical to a V-Star custom (california models have an extra "Emission Control Unit")

Likewaise a Dragstar classic is almost identical to a V-star classic for the same reason.

Some but not all parts are interchangable between the custom and classic models (see first link)

here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.vstar1100.com/03_star_accessory...ation_guide.pdf

And

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/servic...ls.aspx?ls=star

In addition, some States require extra bits to be added for the Low Emissions laws and stuff like that.

Doesn't make much difference, but I'm in a completist mood today.

• 8 months later...

One more difference - The Americans are lucky-bastard enough to be offered very funky paint schemes as standard options.

If you want one in the UK, you have to import the bugger :(