Warning lights electrical problem

windard123
This post is 5607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just been to start me bike after finishing some bits but she hasn't been ran in bout 3 months so i knew the battery was going to be dead but i hooked it up to a mates bike with some jump leads and everything did seem ok but first of all when i pushed the bike along with just the ignition on the speedo was reading differnet speeds and then when i started it which it did fine, its reading no rpm, the oil/coolant light is flashing and the red diagnostic light on the rpm gauge flashes slowly. Now i know the rpm is working as i have just adjusted it on the TPS because i've just fitted new carbs, the oil level is fine. The bike will run fine but after a few mins the revs rise and then the bike dies and theres no battery power at all, i have done no electrical work at all, theres only been new carbs go and and a few plugs unplugged then hooked back up again, could it just be a completely duff battery causing all the symptoms? Any help much appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online