Could they handle it??

vic-fzr600
This post is 5595 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All.

Thought I'd start a topic about somethin that popped up in another discussion.

How do you think modern Moto GP / WSB riders would fare when introduced to the challenge of Road Racing?

Think Stoner could tackle the TT without sh*tting himself??? Would he even get to the top of the mountain??? :ambulance:

No-one can deny the skill and achievements of people like Rossi, but heroes of old like Agostini also had success on the roads. My dad still talks about guys of that era racing at the UGP. :hail:

Obviously i'm well aware the teams would never allow their superstars to 'risk' riding at the road events, but thought we'd enjoy debating anyway. Good to see people like Jonathan Rea working their way up, essentially having grown up at road racing with his dad.

So - McGuinness or Toseland round the island??? lol :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It amazes me when I see the duke videos of them doing 170 near curbs and the bars are tank slapping. I don't think rossi would do it as its a completly different way of riding!!

Ridden the circuit a few times on my road bike. Need balls of titanium to do those speeds with walls and trees everywhere. Forget any other type of racing, or even any other type of sport - these guys are REAL HEROES.

Ridden the circuit a few times on my road bike. Need balls of titanium to do those speeds with walls and trees everywhere. Forget any other type of racing, or even any other type of sport - these guys are REAL HEROES.

Indeed they are!

When you hear Stoner whinge after a Moto GP race about some trivial incident, imagine what he'd do when faced with hitting a man-hole cover coming thru Station on the NW200 course flat oot with 3 other bikes in a line beside him!!!!