xt125x

bobbyhollie05
This post is 5344 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

LOL, my DT50 does 50 on a good day :P.

what sprockets are you running?, changing to a larger front sprocket can make a world of difference and on a 125cc you should have enough power to still get good performance.

addition of a free-flowing exhaust and K&N filter will also increase power output (make sure you add bigger jets to your carb)

When changing out sprockets.....if @ all possible.....try to get @ least one sprocket with an odd number of teeth...

It'll make the chain last longer......proven fact. ;)

on my DT it had a 10 front and 52 rear and was doing 35 flat out, im now running a 14 front and 48 rear and can get 45-50mph on a good day

most people say go up 2 teeth a time, i personally have tried that method and found it to be absolute shite on these small bikes.

go down to say, a 45 on the rear and a 16 on the front and see how you get on

dont forget to change the chain when you do the sprockets as they will last longer when changed as a set ;)

personally mate i wouldn't change the sprocket sizes, on your 4-banger it won't make enough difference because the engine's made to be more torquey at low to mid revs whereas a 2-smoke revs high to make the power.

first thing would be (as said above) k&n high flo air filter and a new exhaust system, id personally go with an arrow system, probably the best you can get for that bike. and then take it to be set up at a dyno centre where they can up the size of the jets and get it all running properly.

Hope that helps :)

Tom

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
my xt125x seems slow can go 45mph no more any ideas how to get more speed from 2005 model
throw it off a cliff top ,for this you will need a chronograff.for accurate f.p.s. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

throw it off a cliff top ,for this you will need a chronograff.for accurate f.p.s. :unsure:

thats very hard for you to be

the bike is smal but it has a big hart

im

i big bore mine to 135cc new trasmition kit jugler in the carb KN air filter and it can do 150 km-h any time

yester day i went with a dt125x with fire box only and i didnt give him a chance

dont mok xt125x

those o dont now the bike secrets do not diserve to ride this bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online