Old style V5?

wild foamy
This post is 5695 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

work is progressing on my Jawa and hopefully with the addition of a charged battery it will run.

it currently has an old style V5 certificate, and also, the previous owner is now deceased so i can't get his signature for the declaration of sale.

so... how do i go about getting a new V5C in my name?

regards

Steveo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ask the seller to write you a receipt for the bike, send a photocopy of the receipt the V5 and state that the registered owner has errm popped off! There will be a form at your post office to fill in too, ask them about it, they are usually quite helpful.

oh okay, will go into the post office tomorrow whilst i am in town getting a new battery

are they going to ask me for my driving licence number, MOT certificate and all that other shite like when i went to pay my bike tax? i am in the process of applying for a new licence as i lost my old one and my Government Gateway card when my wallet got lost :(

oh okay, will go into the post office tomorrow whilst i am in town getting a new battery

are they going to ask me for my driving licence number, MOT certificate and all that other shite like when i went to pay my bike tax? i am in the process of applying for a new licence as i lost my old one and my Government Gateway card when my wallet got lost :(

I dont think you will need all that other stuff, after all...you dont need a driving licence to own the thing! or an MOT for that matter, I would take a copy of the receipt though and a copy of the V5 like I said

Oh and one more thing...I want to watch a video on you tube when you get it going...wanna hear it and see all that smoke ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online