FJ 1200 Carb Question.

kelpike
This post is 5694 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought a 1986 FJ 1200. I havn't heard it run with its carb on, but it ran great with a carb from a Legends car on it. I am going to put the carb back on so I can at least hear it before I send the carb out for rebuild. My question is, can I spray the heck out of the carb with carb cleaner before reinstalling, or will that possibly harm something? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought a 1986 FJ 1200. I havn't heard it run with its carb on, but it ran great with a carb from a Legends car on it. I am going to put the carb back on so I can at least hear it before I send the carb out for rebuild. My question is, can I spray the heck out of the carb with carb cleaner before reinstalling, or will that possibly harm something? Thanks

You can try, not sure it will do too much as usually you need to strip the carbs down. at least take the float bowls off and squirt from there!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online