Title Question

kelpike
This post is 5696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought a 1986 FJ 1200. What does it mean when the title is stamped in big bold letters" REBUILT TRUE MILEAGE UNKNOWN" ? Does anyone know if I will have a problem registering the bike with this title? Thanks

where is it stamped?, on the bike or on the V5C?

it isnt a legal requirement to list the mileage on the V5C certificate so i sohuldn't think there would be any problems registering it, your insurance premium may increase though if it has had a shunt and been written off.

perhaps a little info abojt the bikes history?, is it a writeoff and is the V5C present?

I just bought a 1986 FJ 1200. What does it mean when the title is stamped in big bold letters" REBUILT TRUE MILEAGE UNKNOWN" ? Does anyone know if I will have a problem registering the bike with this title? Thanks

this is an american term so i presume you are one of our many american members,it means that the bike has been rebuilt by an unknown manufacturer ,the bike could be a stolen and recovered bike or one that was abandonded or even a crash repair mileage not warranted this term is used by many auction houses in the states and can affect title but not always,not sure of current state laws as its been a long time since i lived your side of the pond maybe one of our american members can advise you

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online