xs400 flat tracker project

drewpy
This post is 2802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

drewpy ain't:lol:

nowt wrong with me photoshopping skills, just no point in spending hours on a mock up :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just flat black, the engineering is what your looking at not the paint. Matt or flat black, eh geddit flat black flat trakker... :lol::D:lol::D

I'll go now <_<

bloody 'ell, I'll have Kev wanting it!

I'll have it to,,,,,me dont mind what colour ya paint it !!!

How do, Im actually just about to start a flat tracker project on a kwak 440, sorry i know this is a yammy site,

but I do ride an R1 usually. I was wondering if you could tell me what size wheels you ended up using and what model

and size tyres have you put on. Which by the way look sweet, as does the rest of the bike, this is my first build so apologies if this is a newbie question.

How do, Im actually just about to start a flat tracker project on a kwak 440, sorry i know this is a yammy site,

but I do ride an R1 usually. I was wondering if you could tell me what size wheels you ended up using and what model

and size tyres have you put on. Which by the way look sweet, as does the rest of the bike, this is my first build so apologies if this is a newbie question.

would be nice to introduce yourself to the forum, just to say "hi"

i'm using the stock rims 18" with 3:50 front and 4:00 rear chen shin tyres from wyldes up in Leeds

wheels are xs250

drewps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So being pretty new to the whole moto world, what's the pros/cons of the K82 and the K70? They're both fine looking shoes but which will hold me to the road better? Also, how do you like your Cheng Shin's?

So being pretty new to the whole moto world, what's the pros/cons of the K82 and the K70? They're both fine looking shoes but which will hold me to the road better? Also, how do you like your Cheng Shin's?

I don't think the K70's are done in our sizes for front and rear, and the K82's were expensive to me. I've not ridden on the chen shins yet as I'm still building the bike, but they do look the biz!

• 1 month later...

A new part came yesterday, a TZR125 front disk!

I want to fit a later type front brake set-up even though I'd rebuilt the front caliper and painted up the disk.

I think it looks the dogs

6ffafc82.jpg

just bought a right hand blue spot caliper off an XJR1300 for £26 delivered.

just need to get a spacer for the disk and a mount for the caliper. B)

• 1 month later...

I've just seen something that, for me, beats that Kylie video hands down.

this came today

e930d8e2.jpg

6d472430.jpg

I only just enquired from a German xs400 owner, that he had reengineered an alternator cover where you don't need to unscrew the main body to time valves and ignition.

the centre piece unscrews and there's a little window for the timing. fantastic :thumb:

I've just seen something that, for me, beats that Kylie video hands down.

these came today, 2 tickets to see Billy Ray Cyrus, and a custom timing cover

e930d8e2.jpg

fantastic :thumb:

I like the timing cover Drewps, neat touch B)

Aye, drewps,,,,,,,,nice feature feture ,,,,,,,,nice cover !

• 5 months later...

I'd better update this, rather than me blog!

here are the latest pikkies of the tracker

engine's in, brakes done and work!

need to wrap the exhausts, rewire, a few bits and bobs which I probably forgotten and await the paint job B)

15629e4c.jpg

d42b52ec.jpg

4af56e10.jpg