parking attitude...

mits007
This post is 5690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yet another question....

must feel like being on mastermind!..

what is the correct way to "stand" the bike?..

Obviously, side stand down, then should the handlebar be turned to the left, or the right,

I turn the handlebar to the right, as the bike stands more upright, is this correc....

Please advise...

kindest regards,

-Mits-

Hmmm chees and mango chutney sarnies with wholegrain baked crisps -Sourcream and cracked black pepper.. lurrrvleeeeeeee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mits,

personally i go for the left so i can engage my steering lock.

i think most of us boys hang slightly to the left depending on yer trousers of course but thats for another topic perhaps :unsure:

Depends entirely on yer bike.

Most will sit with the wheel to the left.

I prefer it that way as there's less of a chance that the bike will get blown over onto it's right hand side.

Some, like the Virago 535, need the wheel turned to the right to engage the steering lock. Mine's to the left for this reason. I recommend you do likewise as you've an XVS650 too!!

To the left for me too thats the way i was told in cbt and fro the test so the bike dont fall/blow over

I tend to park the bike, and direct the steering dependant completely upon the ground orientation and conditions, sometime you need to go left, sometimes right, sometimes in gear sometimes not - it's all about getting the bike stable so it's not gonna fall over.

There you go, completely useless information!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online