XS400 fork oil level?

TwinTalon
This post is 5621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I followed the "minton mods" for xs650 and filled to 6" from the top, slightly harder ride but better on the brakes and road holding

I followed the "minton mods" for xs650 and filled to 6" from the top, slightly harder ride but better on the brakes and road holding

I was planning on 15w fork oil, given that i'm about 210 with gear. And yeah, a "slightly harder ride" was exactly what i was going for. This pogo stick business is for the birds. Ok then, that's what I needed to know. thanks guys.

I followed the "minton mods" for xs650 and filled to 6" from the top...

Is that with the front wheel raised off the ground, with somebody sitting on the bike, or the bike just standing there (held center by somebody)?

Is that with the front wheel raised off the ground, with somebody sitting on the bike, or the bike just standing there (held center by somebody)?

try HERE ;)

Oh, that's nice. Say, be a helpful chap, save me some time and just foookin tell me how you did it.

:chill:

fork spring out, forks compressed and mark the measuring apperatus (a metal tube i had laying around) pour in oil till it hits the bottom of the tube. If you overfill it you can use the the tube to extract by merely sealing the end with thumb and lifting out the fluid in the tube.

Alright, cool, thanks dude. Oh yeah, no need to sit on the bike when the fork tops are off and the springs are out, right? Doh!

nope, the front will drop with both the springs out

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online