WR250F Question ?

chrisxxxx
This post is 5699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello :rolleyes:

I have just bought myself a Yam WR250f.

Its a 2005 model,

Imported into this country and road reg in 2008.

For some reason it doesnt have a brake light or any wiring for a brake light !

I have searched on the net and it seems that this is normal in the united states ?

Anyone come across this before and is it a difficult job getting a working brake light ?

thanks

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there.

it is a legal requirement for a brake light in the UK, as far as rigging one up is concerned its not hard but you will need electrical skills and a lot of patience. it does involve modifying the wiring loom and a fair bit of tinkering, so only attempt this if you know what you are doing or you are likely to mess it up.

you can buy lighting units on the net, these are 3 wire units with one wire going to earth, one going to a microswitch so that it activates the main (usually 21w) filament on the brake light bulb when the brake lever is pulled and the microswitch is released. it also has a third wire which goes into the same circuit as your headlamp so that when your headlamp is on the secondary filament (5w) illuminates on the brake light.

its common practice to use bullet connectors and if your a dab-hand at DIY you could have it done over the weekend

Busters accessories did some 12v/6v brake light units but i can't seem to find them on their website :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online