DT50MX Tuning issues (again)

wild foamy
This post is 5698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Running a K&N filter, carb bowl has been htoroughly cleaned with carb cleaner and is free from sh*t and debris, HT coil is fine as it was running okay on the standard 50cc bore.

methink its tuning, most likely rich because it becomes a lot more responsive when i turn the fuel tap off for a few seconds

Running a K&N filter, carb bowl has been htoroughly cleaned with carb cleaner and is free from sh*t and debris, HT coil is fine as it was running okay on the standard 50cc bore.

methink its tuning, most likely rich because it becomes a lot more responsive when i turn the fuel tap off for a few seconds

you should try and alter your needle again, if it runs ok when the fuel tap is off then it sounds like its over fuelling

it sounds like its over fuelling

that was what i thought but i dont want to down-size the main jet because it is running just about right at the top-end and if i put a smaller jet in it is likely to run lean and chew up a second big bore.

so how do i adjust the low/mid range without changing the main jet?, something to do with the pilot jet or a mixture screw somewere?

that was what i thought but i dont want to down-size the main jet because it is running just about right at the top-end and if i put a smaller jet in it is likely to run lean and chew up a second big bore.

so how do i adjust the low/mid range without changing the main jet?, something to do with the pilot jet or a mixture screw somewere?

Well it could be your mixture, but to be quite honest, I havent yet mastered the art of carb tuning, this may help you.......

http://www.szocimotoros.hu/download/Basic2strokeTunning.doc

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/printcarbtuning.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online