HPI - What does this mean ?

chrisxxxx
This post is 5616 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to everyone ,

I have just purchased a yam wr250f.

On the log book it says manufactured 1/01/2008

First registered 16/01/2008

I have had an rac hpi check carried out and everything came up OK ( no highlighted problems).

But i have just noticed this sentence "Previously used or registered abroad before first registration with the DVLA"

I now doubt that the bike was actually manufactured in 2008 and i suspect it’s a 2006 model.

Does anyone know how i can find out for sure what year it was made?

Thanks

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello to everyone ,

I have had an rac hpi check carried out and everything came up OK ( no highlighted problems).

But i have just noticed this sentence "Previously used or registered abroad before first registration with the DVLA"

I now doubt that the bike was actually manufactured in 2008 and i suspect it’s a 2006 model.

Thanks

Chris

That means that it was manufactured on 1/01/2008 then shipped over here and registered 2 weeks later with the DVLA.

What makes you think its a 2006 model?

Hello to everyone ,

Thanks

Chris

hi chris take the frame and engine numbers along to your local yamaha dealer get the guys in the parts department to run it through the system . they should be able to trace the bike but also tell you if any recals were done on your model and if so if the recal mods were carried out on your bike.....

steve

Hello to everyone ,

Thanks

Chris

Ok used in another Country b4 being registered with DVLA(if UK) you would have the "Declared New At First Registration" in box 3 on your V5C if it dont say that the Date of Manufacture will be the import date via the customs tags etc, So I guess your bike was imported 16 days b4 registration with DVLA and with those dates you have no chance of registration abroad & import to the UK so is the steering wheel on the left <_< sorry I jest, to find out the year you may need to use a VIN calc (but WR's may not have a full VIN if not you may need to enter the modal prefix (digits b4 the - on the engine/frame no) to an internet search which may well give you the year of manufacture and also the market it was destind for.

Regards Jim

Thanks for the info !

2005 YAMAHA

WR250F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIN:JYACG22355A001475

World region:Asia

Manufactured in:Japan

Year:2005

Make:Yamaha

Model:WR250F

Body style:Enduro

Drive type:RWD

Cylinders:1 Cylinders

Its a 2005 import.

I cant understand why the HPI check didnt think this info was important enough to warn me ?

cheers

chris

HPI checks are shite.

When they HPI'd my Elvira to trade in against this new one last week she came back as being scrapped on 18th May 2007 - i bought her on 17th Mat 2007.

I had to contact the DVLA and dealer i bought her off to convince the HPI company that she WASN'T written off.

Check what details the DVLA have and no one else - they are usually correct.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online