Hiya from the south (I mean REALLY SOUTH!)

Twinshock750
This post is 5610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings from NZ

Am a new boy here but do the forum bit all over the world most around the TZ's I own. They are:

1) A schmick TZ750 Twinshock in KR yellow black colour scheme

2) A McIntosh TZ350F that I race hee in NZ and Australia.

3) A rev cylinder TZ250U

Plus have also just bought a very tidy OW01 which I kid you not is the first 4 stroke streetbike I have owned since a CB100 Honda.

Have had various other street bikes at various times but most just do the post classic race stuff these days. The other street bikes I have owned being an RD350B, RD350LC, TZR250, RZ500.

TZ's of 54mm stroke and pre 1980 or so are very much a speciality in the house with my brother owning another 2 x 750's and 2 x 350's , a TA125 and we have my late father's TR3 as well as my original race bike from 1984 that Dada and built, being a YZ125J powered thing....but we don't talk about that much!

You'll note a heavy weighting towards Yamahas!

Al

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A very warm welcome to you fella - lovely part of the world you live in.

Hope you find everything you need here, we're a friendly bunch mostly, just watch out for Goff, somethimes she eats people then spits them out......

Welcome to the forum ;)

just watch out for Goff, somethimes she eats people then spits them out......

Shhhhhh!!! Else you be in the C.U.T.S. again............ *snigger*

:welcome: to the forum twinshock750 used to watch motors TV which showed the NZ racing scene and your all MAD i tell ya!!

mad, not at all....I don't do the street meetings anymore!

Here's the contents of the toy box:

TZ350F at Siberia, Phillip Island

2185903655_3c2ff6f0ac_o.jpg

TZ250U at local circuit - excuse the wally bib - the instrcuors were wearing them so the students knew who to follow

3033518735_b9e3191db8.jpg

The OW01 I've just bought

3280981774_8e2ee5e0c0.jpg

My 1976 TZ750C in Roberts / team Yamaha USA colour scheme.

2202636031_73b5ea155e.jpg

:welcome: to the forum twinshock750 used to watch motors TV which showed the NZ racing scene and your all MAD i tell ya!!

You really are from down South (and East too)

When we Brits reach N.Z we are on our way home again which ever way we go !

I don't know anything about bike prices on your side of the world but the ONLY thing that was ever wrong with the OWO1 was that after you had forked out a rediculous amount for it you found that (in a straight line) you couldn't keep up with an "ordinary" 100 Exup which was 30% of the cost

It was a truly great bike and it actually ticked all of the rolling chassis boxes but slipping in an "Exup 1000 lump" was the done thing BUT WHY DIDN'T YAMAHA DO THAT as an option for the road going non-formula riders

You really are from down South (and East too)

When we Brits reach N.Z we are on our way home again which ever way we go !

I don't know anything about bike prices on your side of the world but the ONLY thing that was ever wrong with the OWO1 was that after you had forked out a rediculous amount for it you found that (in a straight line) you couldn't keep up with an "ordinary" 100 Exup which was 30% of the cost

It was a truly great bike and it actually ticked all of the rolling chassis boxes but slipping in an "Exup 1000 lump" was the done thing BUT WHY DIDN'T YAMAHA DO THAT as an option for the road going non-formula riders

Not a major, I've got my TZ750 for the hand of god accelaration!!. They live with R1's up to about 2003 models....

120bhp at the contact patch and 162 kilo's. another one in the family we had at nearly 1:1 hp vs kilo's. Nearly 150rwhp in the end and 158 Kilos

Here;s ayoutube link for an "all gears" run on the dyno - itw as only making 139 that day. It got better as we played with it.

NZ....is the last bus stop on earth!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online