BikeSafe Courses

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5616 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Registrations for this years series of BikeSafe courses are now open (with most force areas). If you've not doen one of these before then why not invest a couple of evening this year, you might just learn something that could save your life!

You can get the full info here: http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Registrations for this years series of BikeSafe courses are now open (with most force areas). If you've not doen one of these before then why not invest a couple of evening this year, you might just learn something that could save your life!

You can get the full info here: http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

nowt round manchester :(

nowt round manchester :(

as per usual drep nothing in manchester the nearest to us is st helens or winsford ,the size of manchester and districts you would have thought so, our police must be to busy with all the speed cameras and other fund raising activities

I was at the Bikesafe show in london last year and it was absolutely BRILLIANT.

Its a shame GMP dont do anythign like this - in fact its not a shame its fekkin disgraceful

Why don't you ask the BikeSafe people why GMP don't do them ??

mailto:[email protected]

Or ask the authority directly?

Round my way, and I suspect it the same nation wide, it's all down to the big boss cop, if he thinks it's worth allocating the resources and there is a keen team of bike cops then it runs. We're lucky in Suffolk to have such a pro-biking team of Class 1 riders and a super keen team leader. But they have to keep proving themselves and the value of the course to Boss Cop to keep the funds flowing.

BTW ... If anyone is in Suffolk area you might bump into me at a Bikesafe day as I'll be there on a couple of Saturdays scrounging a free lunch and waving the local IAM group flag :)

Round my way, and I suspect it the same nation wide, it's all down to the big boss cop, if he thinks it's worth allocating the resources and there is a keen team of bike cops then it runs.

I think you're right.

Up here in Cumbria we have some of the best biking roads around, as well as one of the best driving roads in Europe, so it's a bit of a mecca for bikes. Normally from the first 'sunny sunday' of the year we have at least one death or serious injury every weekend. This probably influences the availibility of funds for this sort of thing, and they make a fortune on speeding, which has to go into road safety. It becomes sort of obvious really.

The bikes the Police use are supplied by local dealers, and there are other sponsers too, so there is only the cost of the officers time and a bit of fuel to cover off.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online