MT-03 Help!

Turbine
This post is 5522 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

I'm a new member and this is my first post!

Not new to bikes....

but new to fuel injection............

Got a new MT-03 2008 model 2 weeks ago and for the first 300 miles all was fine. Then soon after, it would occasionally cut out when pulling away. This got worse and developed into hunting on a steady throttle. No problem when accelerating harder, but awful at anything other and cutting out a lot more when pulling away.

Also, tickover went down to 1200rpm ish from previous 1500rpm. (I put it back to 1500 - 1600rpm as manual says) Tickover is hunting too!! (No guns or bows and arrows ; )

Now done 600 miles and going in for first service Tuesday 10th Feb.

They say they will fix it and I'm sure they will, but this experience has just knocked the edge off the joy of owning my MT!

Anyway, any idea Guys?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Stockport

UK

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

did the dealer sort it out?

Hi and thanks for asking!

Took it to dealer and they said it was the "TPS" = Throttle Position Sensor.

They have changed lots of these on XT660's and various other Yams, so I live in hope that this will be the case.

Oh', they had to order the part in and I go in tomorrow (Thursday) to get it fitted - Fingers Crossed eh'!

Will post the outcome asap!

Cheers again Pilninggas!

Paul

i guess its to be expected, hunting on efi usually occurs due to a sensor being out-of-whack, and being a single its bound to be more pronounced.

lets hope it gets sorted.

Hi and thanks!

Problem sorted!

Throttle Positioning Sensor - no less!!

Replaced it with a new designed version - lots have been done on various Yamaha models, but mainly the XT660 and any variations on the 660 theme!

So thanks again Pilninggas!

Best wishes

Paul

Turbine

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online